Published on March 17th, 2009 | by Darren Byrne1
Movie News 17/03/09
- Reportedly Rihanna is in talks to remake The Bodyguard. The only good thing about this is that it might help wash away the memory of the awful original. God, I hate Keven Costner… (I wonder will Chris Brown be considered for the part of the bodyguard)
- Sam Jackson has signed on to play Nick Fury again. Not once, not twice, not thrice, but 9 more times. He will don the eye patch again for more cameos in Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America, The Avengers, some more sequels and for the lead in S.H.I.E.L.D.
- I mentioned it before on my own blog that Ridley Scott is planning a movie based on the board game Monopoly, but now Gore Verbinski is planning a film version of Cluedo. I guess it makes more sense than Monopoly – at least the murder mystery plot is easy to grasp than a plot where a bunch of wannabe tycoons go around in circles buying up entire roads for £200.
- Doc Brown – it’s fair to say he was quite crazy. A genius, yes, but quite crazy. Here’s the original ending for Back to the Future where Doc Brown got it very wrong and jumped a bit too far into the future. They changed the ending to ensure they could have sequels…
- The Green Hornet is a comic book adaptation that has been in development hell since the early nineties. The last I heard was that Kevin Smith’s version was being scrapped. Now we find that Michel Gondry (of Eternal Sunshine) is going to direct. After the entertaining but overall disappointing Be Kind Rewind, he has a lot to prove.
- I read Dante’s Inferno many years ago and I have yet to read something as intricate and frightening and fascinating and daring. They made a computer game out of it!! And now Universal will be bringing Dante’s journey through the nine circles of hell to the big screen.
- Now, can you please explain to me why they want to continue destroying Wes Craven‘s fantastic Scream movie by making sequel after sequel after sequel? It seems Kevin Williamson (writer of the original) has signed on to write three more. Why?
- And speaking of ungodly disasters, why do they keep letting this man make movies – Martin Lawrence is making Back to Africa, a kind of sequel to Eddie Murphy‘s brilliant and hilarious Coming to America.
- LESBIAN. VAMPIRE. KILLERS.