Published on April 14th, 2009 | by Darren Byrne5
Movie News 14/04/09
Well, with the Easter hiatus, I have loads and loads of movie news to catch up on, including a shed load of trailers. Check out the new trailer for Michael Mann’s Public Enemies:
- It looks like the hit Broadway musical, Spring Awakening, which I think is a pile of steaming crap, is coming to the big screen with Terminator Salvation’s director, McG, in charge. Odd!
- In more Ghostbusters news, Dan Aykroyd (whose name I constantly have to check the spelling of) has hinted that there will be a number of new Ghostbusting recruits under the wing of mentors Ray, Egon, Venkman and Winston. Aykroyd has said there will “lots of cadets”. This could be good news for the storyline.
- Further evidence from a TV spot that Terminator Salvation is likely to have a measily PG-13 rating:
- Look! Lars Von Trier (Dancer in the Dark, Manderlay and Dogville) may have finally made a movie I’d be interested in watching, Anti Christ:
- Chris Pine, clearly stuck in Hollywood’s remake machine, has decided he might like to play the A-Team’s Murdoch, having already taken on Kirk in Star Trek. I’ll reserve judgment until I see Star Trek, but he really doesn’t look right to play Howling Mad Murdoch.
- Speaking of Howling Mad, it seems Mel Gibson’s wife has finally thrown in the towel. After 28 years of marriage, Robyn Gibson has filed for divorce. Poor crazy Mel!
- William Hurt has now confirmed that he will join Russell Crowe, Cate Blanchett, Russell Crowe and Vanessa Redgrave in the upcoming Robin Hood.
- Is anyone else getting a bit pissed off that Zac Efron seems to be everywhere these days. His name seems to be attached to every new project and his torso seems to adorn every magazine on the newsagents’ shelves at the moment. Looks like he’s being lined up for the Johnny Quest movie now. Blah!
- The great and awful in equal measure (see Frost/Nixon and Underworld 3) Michael Sheen has signed up for the Twilight sequel, New Moon.
- Happy news – Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prinze Jr. are expecting an ickle baby.
- It seems Spiderman will have a spin-off movie based around Venom as the anti-hero. How the hell is that going to work? Is there a comic based around Venom, anyone know?
- Sam Rockwell’s new movie, Moon:
- And here’s the new Harry Potter trailer. I wish I was more excited about this film: