Published on June 5th, 2009 | by Darren Byrne0
Darren’s Movie News 05/06/09
By the way, if there is anything you feel needs a mention in the Movie News (or anywhere else on the site) please let us know.
- @Thaedydal pointed me in the direction of an interesting article on Pixar’s female leads (or lack of which) in their films. Check it out here. Do you think we need more heroines (who are not princesses)?
- First, there was the Star Wars McGyver Mashup – now we have Han Solo P.I.:
- Em…right…it seems that Ridley and Tony Scott are working on a web-series prequel to Blade Runner, but…they don’t have the rights to use the name, the characters or the trademarks from the classic movie. Seemingly it will just have a similar theme. All sounds a bit iffy to me. I’ll keep an eye on it.
- Check out the first images of Josh Brolin in his new role as the comic book anti-hero Jonah Hex.
- Clint Eastwood’s movie about Nelson Mandela has finally got a title. Invictus will see Morgan Freeman as Mandela and Matt Damon as Francois Pienaar, the South African rugby union team captain at the 1995 World Cup, an important event for the then newly-elected South African President, who saw it as a tool to heal South Africa’s reputation. Freeman is more or less guaranteed the Oscar.
- I mentioned Tony Scott’s Unstoppable before, where Denzel Washinton has to stop an out of control train carrying poisonous materials before it hits a city. Well, Star Trek’s Chris Pine is now on board too. I look forward to seeing what the youngster can do out of Kirk’s uniform.
- It seems Warner Bros are using Arnie in their latest TV Spot for Terminator Salvation. I guess they are pulling out all the stops in an effort to sell their movie:
- Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes, it’s The Final Destination trailer: